In order to be admitted to the graduate program, a student must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university. An undergraduate degree in economics is not essential. The school welcomes applicants regardless of their backgrounds.
Step 1: Download the application form here.
Step 2: Fill in the form, scan it and attached it, along with the other required documents (listed below), to www.fgv.br/eesp/processoseletivo/doutorado .
Letters of recommendation should be sent separately to the same e-mail address by the recommenders;
Step 3: An initial review by the selection committee determines a list of candidates to be interviewed. The interview can be conducted in person or remotely (by Skype). After the interviews, the committee determines a final list of admitted applicants (and, possibly, a waiting list).
Documents required for application:
- Completed application form;
- CV (resume);
- Brief statement of purpose (at most 2 pages);
- Diploma and grades (scanned copies);
- GRE score/Anpec classification (those scores are valid for a period of five years, i.e., results from before 2016 cannot be used);
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Student Visa
- International students welcome
Important Dates (2018):
- Applications: from July 02nd to November 07th;
- Invitation for interviews: November 14th;
- Interviews: from November 21th to November 23th;
- Final admission decisions: November 26th
Most students accepted in our program receive full tuition and stipend support as long as they are making satisfactory progress towards the Ph.D. degree. The school strongly encourages applicants to apply for support from external funding agencies as well. If you have external funding, please be sure to mention it in your application. If you do not have funding when you apply, but obtain funding later, please make sure to communicate this fact to the director of graduate studies.
Courses, research area, detailed course infomation, etc, please contact us at: email@example.com or 55+11-3799-3491 with Thais or enroll in our event: "Talk to the Director of Graduate Studies"